Thursday, June 30, 2011

Too busy to blog?

Is it possible that I've been too busy over the last couple weeks to make a single blog entry?  Or is it just that I was unsure of what I could possibly write about after returning from Europe that would be nearly as interesting.  Either way, I've slacked, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Immediately upon our return from Europe, I went back to work and we prepared for a visit from Peter & Rose.  They stayed with us for about a week, and it was so nice to have lots of quality time together.  It was Rose's first time in California!  I wish I had some great photos to share from that week, but unfortunately I did a terrible job of documenting their visit...I think maybe we got a little burnt out on the camera.  Needless to say, we made several visits to Yogurtland, had a lovely Father's Day with the whole Backus/Chimo/Cuccinello family, and Peter & Rose announced their engagement! All wonderful things.  Oh how could I forget- we were also reunited with our beloved Mahoney after her long stay in Seattle.  It's really hard to believe how much we missed her!  We're so grateful for our parents and their willingness to help.
Oh don't worry, we didn't slow down-
at the end of our week with Peter & Rose, we got back on a plane for Seattle and had a fun-filled, love-fest weekend with friends & family.  Our friend Jenn got married in Spokane, and we had a great couple of days in Seattle both before & after the wedding.  I know it sounds super cheesy, but we came back home feeling so lucky, and blessed, and incredibly thankful for our friends & family.  It was really great having that time together, and we always look forward to the next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment