Friday, June 10, 2011

Barcelona

This post is bittersweet.  We're in the amazing city of Barcelona, it's my birthday, and we're spending time with brother (Peter), as well as our dear friends Yuri & Salina.  What could be more incredible?!  Yet I have these odd twinges of feeling both sad that our trip will shortly be coming to an end, and also (as crazy as this sounds), suddenly a tad bit homesick.  Barcelona is awesome!  This whole trip has been more than we could have hoped for.  Yet a small part of me has been thinking more and more about our humble little house in Claremont, our sweet loveable and cuddly Mahoney (who we miss dearly), and yes, even work.  I'm making a decision to put all of that aside for now, and just enjoy these last couple days and live them to the fullest.  Today will be wonderful, and memorable, and until we're back on that plane to LAX, I'll be doing my best to stay in the moment.  For now, I'm thankful for technology...

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR! You have been gone a long time, it is so normal to feel homesick! You have had an amazing trip, with so many great memories, and soon you can be home to share them with us ALL! Enjoy your last view days and again...HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!
    We miss you here too- and can't wait to hug you in a couple short weeks. ENJOY THE SPANISH DELIGHTS and enjoy your last few days! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the non-facebookers wished you a happy birthday via blog :) The rest of us blasted you on fb...but I will do double duty...Happy Birthday my love! So glad you are having a blast. I too would totally be homesick! Soon enough you will be home and wish you were back on vacation!

    ReplyDelete