Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's Official...

...I'm getting puffy. I'm not exactly sure if it's all the carbs we're eating, or the copious amounts of cured meats, (probably both) but I'm starting to feel swollen.  As you may know, Mass has a love for basically all tubular-shaped meat, so as you can imagine, I've been forced to consume a lifetime's worth of salami and baguettes over the last several days. I suppose the word "forced" is a bit unfair, seeing as Mass would never force me to eat something, but as his loving wife, I can't let him eat alone, right? Plus I'm saving him from over-dosing on salty pig products by joining in on the fun.  It's actually gotten to the point where now his backpack smells like stinky feet because he's carrying around a variety of chorizo and salami...just in case we get stranded in a desert and starve to death. ;). All I can say is right now I'm craving a tall glass of water with lots of ice, and a nice crunchy apple. We're currently on an 8 hour train ride to Bordeaux, so I have lots of time to think about it.
Unreal amounts of salami at at outdoor Italian festival in Nice

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the blog, Brie-have just read from the start! Hadn't realised you would be travelling for so long or that you were still away. So jealous. Enjoy the rest of your trip x

    ReplyDelete