Monday, May 2, 2011

Vitamin D

I love the sun.  I know we get bombarded with everything we should be afraid of about the sun; skin cancer, premature aging, etc., but I truly believe the sun has healing powers.  I can't think of many things that feel as wonderful as the sun on my face.  There's just something about it that makes me so happy. This morning on my daily walk with Mahoney, I started thinking about how spoiled I've become with this southern California sunshine.  Nowadays I wake up- not to an alarm clock- but to the sun shining in through our bedroom window, bright blue skies, and the sound of birds chirping.  There's just an ease about things when the sun is out. I can throw on a pair of sneakers and go for a run without worrying about the weather or bundling up.  Mahoney gets frequent walks because often times it's just so nice out that taking her for a walk is a great excuse to get out of the house.  Throwing on a bathing suit and spending an hour reading by the pool is no big deal- I can squeeze it in between errands.  I wonder sometimes if those around us who grew up around here, can truly appreciate it because they've had this all their lives.  I've come to grips with the fact that we won't have the luxury of this weather forever, and I'm truly excited for whatever our next chapter brings, but for now, I'm soaking in every minute I can get.  
Mahoney loves the sun too- she finds the sunny spots on our patio and happily lays in the dirt

2 comments:

  1. Love the new blog Brie! I can tell you without a doubt, YES Californians take the sun and warm weather for granted! I have now become the token white Northwest gal who dons shorts and a tank top the minute it breaks 70. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm....let's just say I am jealous!!

    ReplyDelete