Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Master" Backus?

No, it's not me.  Although sometimes I'd like to think so. ;)  
Kidding aside, I'm incredibly thrilled to announce that as of tomorrow (Friday) around 4:00pm, Mass will have completed his last final exam of his Masters degree education, and will shortly be receiving a post-graduate diploma, declaring him a 'Master'.  Master of the universe? Maybe that'll take a few more years, but for now, it's an amazing accomplishment and I couldn't be more proud.
While I'm not known to be a particularly gushy or sentimental person, I wanted to take this opportunity to write a little note to my loving husband:


Dearest Massimo,
Look what you've accomplished!  I couldn't be more proud and amazed at what you've achieved over the last 2 years.  It's really hard to believe that this time has come already.  I remember the first days of our new adventure down here- we were newlyweds, fresh from leaving the home, city, family & friends we grew up with, embarking on a completely new life and the new challenges that would come with it.  After being in school for a mere week or two, we sat on our patio one night after dinner discussing this new life.  You were so distraught.  The pressures of this new program were a lot to handle, and you were doubting yourself.  You questioned your ability, your brain power, and your self-discipline to handle it all.  But there's something we both knew you had that would carry you through- your determination and motivation.  You worked so hard to get here, giving up was not an option.
Now look at you!  Tomorrow you will finish the final exam of your Masters degree, and in just over a week, you'll be dressed in cap & gown, accepting this incredible degree from Claremont Graduate University.  I've always known you have the ability and drive to do anything you set your mind to, but I'm so incredibly proud and impressed with your achievement!  You've done this with grace & style, and while we both know there were several hard times & serious bumps in the road, I think we can both agree it was worth it.
Congratulations my love! Here's to you.
Your loving wife, 
Brie
Massimo's Qualitative Analysis group on presentation day in front of their poster. I'm guessing he did not wear sunglasses during the actual presentation.

Celebrating at the Back Abbey after completing another big project

CGU Friends- Josh, Kelli & Ann

1 comment:

  1. First off, Congratulations Master Mass! Second, how on earth has two years gone by?! I am so excited for what is next for the two of you! I am so proud of you both for embracing all of the challenges you have come across. Mass, way to go...we can't wait to celebrate all that you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete