Friday, May 13, 2011

If I Could Turn Back Time

I actually wouldn't change a thing.  The title of this post is in fact a tribute to my dear friend Jenn.  Last weekend we had the pleasure of celebrating her upcoming nuptials.  So as to make life easier on us travelers, her bridal shower and bachelorette party were organized on the same day.  There are SO many hilarious and memorable tidbits from the weekend, that I must edit so this doesn't become a novel.  
Friday included a flight to Seattle, a quite eventful car ride to Spokane, and a wonderful girls night of pizza, wine & laughs.  (The ride to Spokane did include Kim getting car sick & dry heaving into an empty bag of chips, us almost running out of gas, and getting lost and driving in circles around Spokane)
The shower was perfect- Jenn's closest friends and family, drinking mimosa's & sangria, eating delicious food, and showering her with gifts.  She glowed with pre-wedding happiness!
Party time arrived- and boy have I missed the days of sharing everything with my best friends- beds, bathrooms, beauty products, bodily functions, and just personal space in general. :)  I love these girls!  Most importantly, Jenn had a blast, and got to sing a rendition of a Cher classic (hence the title of this post) with a Drag Queen.  Every girl's dream, right?  I'll never forget Jenn's beaming smile, and hearing her shout, "this is the best night of my life!...except when I marry Jon, then that'll be the best night of my life!"  I still get choked up thinking about it.  :)


Since life is filled with constant learning experiences, I figured I share some important life lessons I learned from the weekend:


1) Some places still exist where you can get a cocktail for $3.50
2) There is definitely such a thing as too much pizza
3) It's probably not a good idea to take a free pizza from a delivery guy, not knowing how long it's been sitting in his car, or how many other people he tried to give it to
4) It's also not a good idea to drink a 5-hour energy at 11:30pm
5) As we get older, our comfort level and personal sharing have no boundaries
6) There is almost no greater thing on earth (that I have yet to experience) than spending time with your best girl friends, and laughing to the point of tears.


I love you Jenny Girl, and can't wait to celebrate your special day!

There were so many great photos, but here are just a few.  A special thanks to Hillary for teaching me how to make a collage like this.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to relive that moment of singing "If I Could Turn Back Time." So much fun, so many great memories, so many wonderful friends! Great post B! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I am laughing just thinking about all of the shenanigans that probably went on!

    ReplyDelete