Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Discoveries- Johnson's Pasture

We're approaching almost 2 years of living in beloved Claremont now, and have realized there are still quite a few places around here that we haven't yet experienced.  One of them being Johnson's Pasture- a scenic trail in the foothills of Claremont that provides beautiful views for your novice hiker.  Considering how incredibly outdoorsy we are, it's surprising that we haven't tried it yet. (That was a joke. In fact, we're so not outdoorsy, we weren't even sure what to wear)

Needless to say, the hike was truly beautiful.  We hadn't been surrounded by so much nature in....well, I have no idea how long.  More new discoveries that were made along the way-

  • I'm not nearly as tough or adventurous as I'd like to think.
  • The people of Claremont are quite neighborly.  This was actually not a new discovery, but I've noticed over the past several months, that people are very quick to warn us that coyotes like to eat small dogs.
  • I seem to think every plant that brushes against me is poison ivy (I've learned this is probably not correct).
  • There are some incredibly beautiful parts of Claremont.
  • And perhaps we've taken a little too long to appreciate certain things about where we live.
Oh well, better late than never, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment