Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Years Resolutions

This year, Mass and I actually thought it would be fun to make some serious, measurable New Years resolutions.  Now that we're nearly two weeks into 2012, I figured I'd list them here, so we can check back later and see how we're doing.

  • Limit our consumption of red meat and/or salami to no more than once a week. (This will clearly be far easier for me, but I have to say I'm quite impressed with Massimo's success so far.) 
  • Floss every day.
  • Skype our parents once a week.
  • Read at least one non fitness-related book each month.  (This one is mostly for me, but we do intend to start our own mini book club this year)
  • Run one long distance event this year (probably a half marathon.  Another full doesn't seem to be in our near future)
  • Eat at home more often. The jury is still out on this one.  Meaning, I think we should eat at home more often, but I might be alone on this. :)  We do live in an amazing food city after all.
  • Keep our bedroom chair clean & empty. (Another one for me, although we've both been guilty of this at some point. We have a lovely antique family heirloom chair in our bedroom, and it becomes the home for all things that I just can't be bothered to find a place for.  I vow to find a place for my random crap and keep the chair available for sitting.)
  • Become more educated and aware of our finances.  We definitely can't commit to creating spreadsheets of our spending habits like some of our meticulous friends do (i.e. Krivosha & Riker), but we'd like to be "better" about it.  I know, that's a pretty weak, non-measurable goal, but give us a break- this list is long! 
So that's the list.  As for how successful we've been so far, I won't go into that, but let's just say these are not just resolutions for 2012, but resolutions for life, so it's a work in progress.  We are a work in progress. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment