Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Creating life (an old, unfinished draft)

...an unfinished draft of a post that I found from August 8, 2013.  Over 2 years ago, our 4th anniversary.  I wonder what the rest of it would say...


The decision to attempt at creating another life, another member of our family, didn't come lightly to us.  As a much younger person, I had always envisioned being ready for motherhood by the ripe old age of 25.  It wasn't for another 7+ years that I actually began to feel "ready".  I use that word in quotes, because really, what does it mean?  Since we don't yet have children, I can only imagine what the life of a parent must be like, and even then, I'm pretty sure I have absolutely no idea.  
As I write this, Mass and I are approaching our 4th wedding anniversary.  The last 4 years have gone so incredibly fast, yet when I look back at all we've done in that time- the places we've lived, the education completed, the jobs worked, the furry little roommate we've acquired and love so much- it feels like our wedding day was actually ages ago.  The first two years flew by like lightning.  We were still growing up, still getting to know each other, learning how to speak each other's language and work as a team.  We still had lots of adventures to experience and selfishness to be had.  And thankfully, we were pretty aware of that.  By our third anniversary, I began to wonder if we would ever be ready to give up our "freedom".  But somehow, slowly but surely, things just naturally evolved.  
I would say it probably started for me a bit sooner than Mass, but just like the waves of nausea (a metaphor you moms will understand), those feelings would come and go- strong at times, then fading away for a bit.  I found myself trying to articulate why it was a good idea for us to start considering expanding our family.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment